Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Valentine's Day SURPRISE!

Three huge cheers for my lovely roomie who just got ENGAGED!  What's the boy like you want to know?  Well, he plays banjo, he buys cheesecake, and he snowplows our driveway - don't tell me there are more redeeming qualities than that (hahaha, oh yeah, and he adores her!!!). 

Naturally, I shared this exciting news with the kid I'm nannying, who will henceforth be called the ANK for Anonymous Nannied Kid,  after I found out.  Here's the conversation that followed...RIDICULOUS.
Katie: Guess what, my roomie got engaged yesterday!
ANK: Awe cool, can I go to the wedding?
Katie: Dude, actually you don't even know them.
ANK: Right, but I could go with YOU.
Katie: Ha, by that time I plan to have some special guy who is notably OLDER THAN SEVENTEEN in my life.
ANK: Katie, come ON, by then I'll be EIGHTEEN.
Katie: **smirks** You are absurd.

The good news? His mom smiled when I texted her the story.  The better news? I think that proves he doesn't mind having me at the house.  The best news? He gave up immediately and started trying to convince me (again) that I should date his cousin.  Did I mention this kid makes me laugh? ABSURD.

No comments: