First, let's start with the bad news: My camera BROKE. (waterproof my @$$!!!!!!) While this post should be accompanied by pictures, it is truely just impossible at this time. Postman, I wish you swiftness in bringing me the warrantied replacement!!
Now, the awesome news: I just saved a bundle on car insurance. Hahahaha, SERIOUSLY! That news is, of course, associated with the other good news: I have a car! After being manhandled by all of the used car salesmen in San Juan, feeling empowered, feeling stupid, feeling mislead... I sheepishly accepted the help of the brilliant mechanical guys at my work. This was kicked off by them laughing SO hard at lunch as I described my car shopping attempts, but to give them due credit, they did instantly got out the classifieds and start making calls on my behalf! I felt like the kid sister... well cared for, but the victim of everybody's joke. Sheepish. Grateful. Sheepish.
The ironic ending is that I ended up with the most girly car I've ever owned in my life! I think they were stereotyping just a bit, but it really is perfect for me with gas prices at $1/liter. My new ride is a little blue VW Bug! I've named it Pitufo Burbuja de los Pinos (roughly translated to Smurf Bubble of the Pines) It has only 72,000 miles, gets ~33 miles per gallon, and I got an awesome deal because it was owned by the cousin of one of the brilliant mechanical guys, who was, get this, a clown. I DRIVE A CLOWN CAR.
(To top that off, I really did get a great deal on car insurance! One of the other guys at work knows someone who owns a branch of a popular insurance company so he got my year long policy dropped from $824 to $509!! That's cool.)
No comments:
Post a Comment